Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

Well, I turned 38 today. I can hardly believe it. I sometimes still feel like I am waiting to graduate from high school. Perhaps it is just that I have been in and out of school for so long. It was not very exciting since I had to go to class from 6:30-9:00 and besides my car battery died and so I am buss-passing my way around town. Not that I had anything exciting planned. My birthday usually slips by quietly.

I found a blog that encourages readers to read a book a month based on a given theme and for January that theme was time. What I love about the blog challenge is that while it sets a theme it encourages readers to do book reviews from all genres. It's really a fun and interesting way of doing a sort of book club. Check out the blog here. I didn't get a chance to read a new book but I want to recommend a book I have read previously, "A Wrinkle in Time" by Madeleine L'Engle. I know many have read it as children, but it is a book worth reading again and again. Famous for its cliche opening line, "It was a dark and stormy night," this book has all the magic and adventure that makes me feel that anything is possible. I definitely recommend that everyone read it at least once.

Disney did make a movie version of it that I thought was excellent but it is one that is better appreciated after reading the book rather than instead of reading the book.

Well, I have started my new semester and am eager to see where this semester will take me but it is to soon for any profound revelations at this point so until next time...

No comments:

43 Things...

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Fun Loving Lifelong Learning Builder